Saturday, July 24, 2010

James Patterson, I, Alex Cross

I was happily surprised that this book was good. I was prepared to be dissapointed because to me, his last Alex Cross book was not that good. But.....I thought this one was well written and it kept my attention quite well. I read it in less than a day.

Alex is celebrating his birthday and gets a call about his neice being found dead. Not just dead....destroyed....her body had been put in a wood chipper in hopes on not being discovered.

As any of you who read Alex Cross novels know Alex resides in Washington DC. This novel revolves around corruptions in high places. DC has a killer that takes sick and preverted to an even more evil level.

High priced Call Girls are churning up and then turning up and Alex has been asked to help find and stop the killings. Since Alex's neice is involved it is more than just another case to him. I must admit that this is a very graphic book and can be hard to take at times. I found myself shaking my head on more than one occasion while reading it.
But it is an interesting read, for sure.

You are also taken into Alex's home life and allowed to experience his and his families pain when Nanna Mamma has medical problems that land her in intensive care. If anyone has ever found themselves at the bedside of a loved one in that condition I think you will be able to relate to just what he is dealing with on that level.....but for Alex, not only does he have to deal with Nanna Mamma's situation, he also has to hunt down a killer who seems to be a ghost of sorts.

I found myself rooting for both Nanna Mamma and for Alex to catch Zeus......that is the name of the latest killer. Zeus. Zeus on the Loose is not a good thing.

Allow yourself to be drawn into Alex's world and I think you will find that it was worth the time you took to read the book. I'm glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment